Hot Solvent Extraction
To be able to determine the amount of many substances it is often necessary to first extract them from the material they are bound to. A typical analysis is the crude fat in food/feed samples. Other examples on extraction procedures can be found in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Of importance for many extractions is the safety of used equipment since both flammable and explosive solvents are boiled at high temperatures. Many solvents are also aggressive to the environment and to most materials. Care should be taken both by those operating such equipment as well as when selecting the right materials that can withstand these solvents.
The SoxROC Extraction unit is an automatic and safe instrument to perform solvent extraction:
- Protection doors and locks to protect operators from hazards.
- Temperature protection control to monitor and reduce risks.
- ATEX classification on exposed components and main electronics in a pressurized cabinet.
- IP55 protection of the instrument to minimize risk for dust and liquid intrusion.
- All materials in contact with the solvents are either in Borosilicate glass, Viton or PTFE.
The SoxROC extraction unit will automatically perform a complete solvent extraction.